Our penchant for sin
2 Timothy 4:2-5 MKJV
(2) preach the Word, be instant in season and out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine.
(3) For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.
(4) And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.
(5) But you watch in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fully carry out your ministry.
Other obstacles that we set for ourselves...
If you have found yourselves defending a controversial doctrine in the Bible, you ought to be careful, lest you are directly fighting God and thus obliging God to give up on you and leave you with a spirit of perdition so you can believe the lie of Satan. What? Here is what is written:
2 Thessalonians 2:7-12 EMTV
(7) For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will continue until one comes out of the midst. (8) And then the lawless one will be unveiled, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth, and will destroy by the brightness of His coming, (9) whose coming is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, (10) and in all deception of unrighteousness among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (11) And because of this, God will send them strong delusion, in order for them to believe the lie, (12) so that they all might be damned who did not believe the truth, but delighted in unrighteousness. (Also Isaiah 29:9-14; John 12:40).
How do you know that you are against YHWH God?
Whenever you would find yourself making the argument that you are not a Jew, or such and such doctrine was given to the Jew, et cetera. Understand that there is nothing that requires of the Jews that is not required of the Gentiles yesterday, today, and tomorrow, since the Old Testament is eternal, as it is written in Matthew 5:17-18, on all the earth.The heart is essential to understand the Bible
The heart is the key to unlock the understanding of the Bible (Matthew 13:15). Read some of the tenor of that truth in the verse testimonial section below.
If we set our heart to undesrtand the word (Daniel 10:12),
God will in turn enable us to understand His word (Psalms 119:27,34)
so we can keep it as obedient and faithful children of this generation
to provide more salt to the earth (Matthew 5:13).
Jesus echoed the selective aspect of understanding the Bible or God in Matthew 11:27.
The Godhead must be revealed in order to be understood.
Therefore, there is no guarantee that anyone may get to understand the Bible better than you do (Matthew 11:27), whether it is a priest, an evangelist, a spiritual leader, a doctor of Theology, et cetera.
There are religions that are based on lack of revelation of the word and basic reading skill. They do not read what is written. They interpret what is written to voice their opposition to Jesus while they claim to believe in Jesus (Colossians 1:15).
Colossians 1:15 is the perfect example of interpreting and not reading what is actually written. Test your reading skill after reading Colossians 1:15 and answer this question: According to the verse, was Jesus created, therefore unfit to be God, or was Jesus born as in 'the only begotten Son' expression? In other words, does the verse really support the doctrine of some believers who teach that Jesus was created or was the first Creature?
Read the verse grammatically to get its meaning keeping in mind that the first step to become bible literate is to ask Messiah YHWH Yeshua to grant you the Holy Spirit to guide you, once you humbly and truly set your heart to understand.
Remember that it is written that the word of God is right there within the reach of everybody (Deuteronomy 30:10-16) within our reach.